There are several ways to get involved with the work of the Capital Area Public Health Network. We have opportunities to sit on various work groups and committees as a member on an ongoing basis. There are many levels of membership available.
Public Health Advisory Council (PHAC) Member:
- PHAC General Membership – Meets at least annually, members can join at anytime, voted in for two-year terms.
- PHAC Executive Committee – Meets at least quarterly, members are elected annually.
Committee members attend one or more of our subcommittees or workgroups on a regular basis. Our current subcommittees and workgroups include:
- Substance Misuse Prevention Network Subcommittee
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness Subcommittee (also known as the Regional Coordinating Council or RCC)
- Capital Area Suicide Prevention Resource Team (CASPRT)
- Citizen Corps (CERT & Medical Reserve Corps)
- Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) Planning Subcommittee
Don't have enough time to commit to one or more subcommittees? Join the Capital Area Public Health Network as an "Informed Member." Informed members are part of our email network. Informed members can choose to be on one or more of our email mailing lists. Click Here
If you have any questions about how to get involved, please contact Shannon Swett at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 224-2595 x301.